Things to know….
- Bills are due on the 20th of each month. For more on paying your bill please CLICK HERE.
Fees and Charges
- A New service tap fee is $500.00.
- The current water rate is $11.29 per 1000 gallons of water through the meter. We read and charge down to the lowest hundred gallon.
- The minimum charge for water is $11.29 regardless of usage.
- Every active location is charged at least the minimum each month, unless the owner specifies the water be shut off at the service and the account final billed. This will put the location into a “vacant status” until service restoration is requested by the owner or a new tenant. (e.g., customers who vacation in the winter and do not want a minimum bill or landlords who want water off between tenants.)
- Customers terminated due to non-payment are assessed a $25.00 dollar disconnect fee and a subsequent $25.00 reconnect fee.
- Customers are responsible for the maintenance and repair of their own service lines.
- For inside meters this includes the service line from inside the location to the fitting at the service shutoff. The city is not responsible for any plumbing inside the home. ONLY the meter itself.
- For outside meters this includes the service line from inside the location to the fitting at the bottom of the meter yolk at the meter pit. The city is not responsible for any plumbing inside the home.
- Customers are responsible for informing the City of Follansbee when they are terminating service at any location by submitting a termination of service form at the city building. Failure to do so will result in the customer being responsible for any charges at said location up to the day the city becomes aware of the vacancy.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to keep all information in their account current. (e.g., mailing address, email address, phone numbers, co-applicants)
The City of Follansbee understands that the unexpected can happen with home plumbing. If you have high usage due to a known leak, you may file for a one-time leak adjustment. If approved, a portion of your bill will be adjusted. For information regarding this policy, please contact the office.